If you were unaware, The Last of Us will indeed have multiplayer. I mean it shouldn’t come to much of a surprise as Uncharted 2 & 3 did have arguably the best multiplayer mode on the PS3. Now, Naughty Dog’s online Multiplaer details are out in the wild thanks to the recent demo that was released with the God of War: Ascension exclusive. According to Gamespot, the following information was listed within the demo.
SURVIVE 12 WEEKS
“A small group of Infected have been spotted heading in our direction. Improve the training of the clan to fight off the Infected and attract new members.”
“You gained [A] clan members by fighting off the Infected attack.”
“You were able to partially improve the training of your clan. You gained some clan members by fighting off the attack.
“You were able to dramatically improve the training of your clan before the Infected attacked. As a result, you gained the maximum new clan members. Marauders have been raiding camps in the area. Improve the training of the group to fight off the Marauders and attract new members.”
Now check out the Multiplayer Summary:
- New feature called “Clans”
- The clan-based system and recruiting is essential to survive hordes of infected (possibly AI or player based clans)
- Possibly free-roam / Big open maps
- You can Craft weapons / Items in Multiplayer from all the supplies you gather
- The Multiplayer has certain random events (sort of like RDR) that happen in your playthrough. Some of which can threaten or help your clan
- The Multiplayer has mini-missions structured for you like surviving a certain amount of time, etc
- You can train Clan members (in what way, its still not clear)
- Depending on how well you train your clan members, you can do rescue missions to free hostages taken during the outbreak
- You’ll need to gather supplies to survive (your clan can gather supplies too to be well equipped)
- You can aquire medicines / antibiotics from looting dead bodies throughout your playthrough
- You have 3 matches to complete a Mission (how this works its still unclear)
- Uncharted 3-like, Loadouts makes a comback
- Character Customization possibly back too
Ammunition/Inventory/Crafting Weapons: 2x49mm, Ammo, BrickBat, Revolver, Revolver Ammo, Wooden Arrow, Pipe, Sugar, 9mm, Assault Rifle Ammo, Alcohol, Health Kit, Hunting Rifle, Bottle, Shorty Hatchet Shotgun, Shell, Scissors, Pistol, Machete, Shiv, Flamethrower, Bandage, Mines, Modded 2×4, Modded Bat, Modded Pipe, Molotov, Crafter Supplies, Hunting Rifle, Military Sniper, BrawlerBurst Rifle, FlamethrowerScope, Shotgun, Bow, ArmorLit, Bomb, Assault Rifle, Large Bomb. Smokebomb. Stealth Mask.
- Crouching makes you more accurate by reducing weapon sway
- Mission performance determines how many people you gain or lose
- Mission performance also determines how many One-Use Boosters you earn
- You can spawn next to your teammates
- Boosters are back from UC3, but completeely redesigned and works in a colossaly different way (non-spammable and some are one-time use)
- There might be certain parts of the maps that are contaminated with viruses, you’ll need to search/loot for masks or risk getting infected
- Your teammates / Clan members can get infected
With all the information presented, we could be looking at the possibility of the biggest online Multiplayer campaign ever built for any gaming platform. Rumors suggest that it could possibly be a free roam map filled with hordes of infected. You may set up camp around the map with a clan or group of friends. The Map allows multplayer missions that you tackle, which will reward you and your teammates. This will be an active world so you have to be on the look out whilst looting, and equipping, including using your health pack. Clickers & Runners will always be on the hunt, so be prepared for invasions. Ammo is not unlimited, and stealth is the focus.
The Last of Us will hit stores worldwide on June 14, 2013, exclusive for PlayStation 3.