Just over a month since its initial release, CaptainCPS-X has released a new beta version of FB Alpha Retro Loader (RL). FB Alpha RL aims to be a multiplatform emulator like RetroArch, but for arcade systems. Covered by FB Alpha RL are these platforms:
- Capcom CPS-1, CPS-2 & CPS-3
- Data East DEC-0, DEC-8 and DECO IC16 based games
- Galaxian based hardware
- Irem M62, M63, M72, M90 and M92 hardware
- Kaneko 16
- Pacman based hardware
- Psikyo 68EC020 and SH-2 based hardware
- Sega System 1, System 16 (and similar), System 18, X-Board and Y-Board
- Toaplan 1 & 2
- Taito F2, X, Z and other
- Miscellaneous drivers for lots of other hardware
In Addition to this list, there are WIP drivers for the Sega Megadrive/Genesis & PC-Engine/TurboGrafx 16/SuperGrafx consoles. Version 1.01a features the following changes:
- Added option to Enable / Disable display if missing games.
- Fixed USB Storage Device scanning, now they will be displayed correctly on the Directory / CFG file browser.
- Fixed issue with ROMs rescan, now it will work fine by pressing START button on the Game List.
The release for version 1.01 featured a wealth of changes than this whole article combined. You can pick up FB Alpha RL if you too want to go down memory lane below. Be aware that FB Alpha RL has only been tested on Rogero’s 4.30 CFW. Expect bugs and other issues if you decide to use this on a 3.40 or 3.55 custom firmware.