PS3HaX member CaptainCPS-X has written quite a good quide for those installing Rogero’s 4.30CFW, here it is
Tips #1 – Installing FW Safely
- Only install FW’s via Recovery Menu (not to be confused with FSM).
- Avoid XMB install at all costs.
- Remove any disc / sd card / storage devices before installing any FW.
- Use a clean USB Storage Device with only the needed PUP structure in it.
- Make sure Toggle QA worked if you going to upgrade any CFW
Tips #2 – Prepare PS3
- If you are on OFW 3.55, upgrade to Rogero CFW 3.55 [v3.7] [MD5: 8f8166b25d6bed891f292c77de5c4b28]
- If you are on CFW 3.55 (TrueBlue / Cobra / Rebug / Etc):
* Install Toggle QA PKG from the XMB and make sure the Controller combo works before proceeding.
* Only after making sure that the QA Combo works fine, upgrade to Rogero CFW 3.55 [v3.7] [MD5: 8f8166b25d6bed891f292c77de5c4b28]
- If you are already on Rogero 3.55 (v3.7), make sure that the QA Flag combo is working before proceeding.
Tips #3 – Properly using Toggle QA PKG
1- Install the PKG from the XMB
2- Run the installed “Toggle QA” application from the Game column, PS3 will black screen and beep 2 / 3 times then send you back to XMB.
3- Make sure to verify everything went well by going to Settings column and hover Network Settings, then press L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down (You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly)
Tips #4 – Installing Rogero CFW 4.30 (v1.0)
- The safest way to install it is to be on Rogero CFW 3.55 (v3.7), as I have mentioned on my previous tips, if you decide to do so on other CFW, is your choice.
- Make sure Toggle QA works
- Make sure all tips I mentioned earlier have been verified.
- Install Rogero CFW 4.30 (v1.0 / Patched ) via Recovery Menu [MD5: 7ADF524594D46EF669F4C64E07462631].
Tips #5 – Finally, while on CFW 4.30, Install multiMAN v04.08.01 and PS3~dev_blind.zip provided by Rogero at Tortuga Cove.
1- Install multiMAN from XMB
2- Activate “write access” to “dev_flash” on multiMAN settings
3- Go to mmOS / file manager and locate the PS3~dev_blind.zip and double click it (pressing X twice)
4- Follow on-screen instructions and restart your PS3.
UPDATE: Thanks to @Simonbuck for pointing out that this is not needed on the latest Rogero CFW 4.30 “Full Pack” released recently.
You can get the updated full pack here:
Tips #6 – Making sure game backups are correct
- Make sure all games are unmodified and without 3.55 patches (SPRX/ EBOOT / SDAT / etc)
- Make sure you remove all Game updates from XBM->Game Data Utility, to make sure you didn’t install any patched ones.
- Make sure you activate BD-Mirror on multiMAN for all games, you have to configure each game options with it.
- Make sure to use BD-ROM emulator (Standard) on multiMAN settings.
I started working on a guide but since I have university and many works to do, I decided to give a few useful tips in case I can’t finish the guide.
I hope this help some to upgrade safely to Rogero CFW 4.30 without any issues.