It’s been a while since we last talked about Showtime Mediacenter. At the moment, the homebrew is moving forward towards it’s next stable release at version 4.4. Lots of builds have been pumped out which can only mean lots of changes. Let’s take a look and get all caught up.
- GLW: Rework video display pipeline
- This makes it possible to switch resolution of video on-the-fly, will be needed when doing seamless HLS bitrate switching.
- Also happens to fix bug #603
- Improve A/V Syncing. In particular make sure we reach A/V sync faster after seeking
- ps3: Fix broken navigation. Most visible error was that up/down didn’t work on home page
- Fixes #1669
- Add support for reading splitted files transparently. For local file systems (such as internal HD, connected USB drives, etc) Showtime can now automatically concat files named foo.001, foo.002, …into one file. Some tools that can do these types of splits FFSJ, HJ-Split, WinSplit, MasterSplitter… Note that this is not the same thing as splitting a file with MKV tools
- Fixes #1193
- Add multi language support to TheTVDB integration
- Fixes #1544
If you want to stay on the cutting edge, you can download the latest test builds below.
Download: Showtime Mediacenter Test Builds