Page 1 of 4
Creating the Disc / What You Will Need
For the most dedicated scene folks, this is probably old news. However it has now become common knowledge that custom firmware users can run any PS2 game on their PS3. The trick is to take an image of your old game and convert it into the format used by PS2 classics that you buy from Sony’s store. It sounds a little complicated, but I’m going to walk you through the entire process. Since you have installed CFW already, I’m going to assume you know how to do the simple things like installing PKG files. Here is what you will need:
- Once you have all of that set to go, install ImgBurn for free. Be aware that it does come bundled with a few toolbars so avoid those if you can.
- Once you start it up, click create image from disc.
- At the next screen, select the source as the drive where your game disc is located.
- For its destination, click the small folder icon and choose anywhere that you can easily find later.
- In the right-hand pane, set the conversion speed to 4x / 4x to provide some additional accuracy.
- Click the large conversion button to start the rip. Rip times will vary based on the size of the game and its condition.
While you wait, you can start setting things up on your PS3 by clicking ahead!