Capcom have revealed some more details of their upcoming Dragon’s Dogma expansion, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen.
The expansion is set for release for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America on April 23rd and in Europe on April 26th. Dragon’s Dogman: Dark Arisen comes as the exciting new chapter in the Dragon’s Dogman series. It will be available both digitally and via retail and delivers a huge brand new area, missions, enemies and more, plus all of the content from the original game.
Coming just off the Gransys mainland is the cursed Bitterblack isle and here players will discover an underground realm which comes complete with new terrifying foes to face and incredible treasure to find as they embark on an all new quest. Owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will be able to export their existing characters and all other saved data, to continue their journey as the Arisen and face this new threat that has emerged from the cavernous depths. Players will be able to take their characters to new heights, with brand new high-level skills and augments as well as all new weapons and armour sets. For those that missed Dragon’s Dogma the first time around, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen provides players with the opportunity to start their journey from the very beginning before tackling the all new content.
Also, those who own the original game will also receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes.
The game will also come with improvements to the gameplay such as easier travel and a more intuitive men system. Those who own the original and then purchase the expansion, these gameplay improvements will be automatically transferred to the original game. The main features of the expansion include:
- All of the original Dragon’s Dogma content
- A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
- More skills/equipment/augments:
- Level 3 Skills
- DD:DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns.
- 14 new character/Pawn augments
- New tiers of equipment enhancement
- Increased character customisation options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over
A new trailer for the expansion has also been released. Let us know if you plan on getting the expansion via the comment section below.