The release date for the upcoming PlayStation 3 ‘free-to-play’ FPS, DUST 514 has been announced. The shooter that is developed by CCP Shanghai will be released to the masses on May 14.
The first of its kind, DUST 514 is a free-to-play, premium, massively multiplayer first-person shooter directly connected to the acclaimed science-fiction game EVE Online (PC/Mac). In DUST 514, players assume the role of deadly mercenaries who fight dynamic ground wars to control planets in the EVE Universe of New Eden. Players are armed with limitless customization options including weapons, vehicles, armor, and enhanced weapons, armor and vehicles. In DUST 514 every action has real consequences that ripple across a persistent universe of countless players worldwide.
REYKJAVIK, ICELAND –April 25, 2013 – CCP Games, the world’s leading independent developer of massively multiplayer games, has announced that DUST 514® will launch on May 14, 2013. The groundbreaking, free-to-play first-person-shooter launches on PlayStation®3, and players can join the war for galactic supremacy with the ease of a free download.
As with CCP’s first game, EVE Online®, launch is only the beginning of the voyage with DUST 514. Gamers can look forward to an ever-progressing game, built on the experience CCP has gathered over the past decade, as new features and upgrades are rolled out for years to come. The way to victory is now open to any intergalactic mercenary with the guns and grit to accept the challenge. “Reaching this point has required many years, hundreds of CCP employees, and the engagement of millions of players who contributed fantastic feedback during the beta process,” said Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CEO of CCP. “Now we start the real journey, which, decades from now, we will look back on with astonishment at all we accomplished. The EVE Universe will outlive us all.”
With the launch of DUST 514, the struggle for interstellar dominance in New Eden escalates as DUST mercenaries forge their path to glory. The power to topple empires will be in the hands of all who choose to seize it. The game’s massive battlegrounds, deadly weapons, and futuristic vehicles form the foundation of the deep first-person shooter action that awaits, while unrivaled customization options allow players to shape their strategic advantage, tactical edge, and combat style with cunning and skill.
DUST 514 is also fully integrated with New Eden, the notorious setting of EVE Online, a massive game universe that recently surpassed a half-million subscribers worldwide. As DUST players wage war in this first-person shooter at unprecedented scale, the outcome of each ground battle impacts the persistent universe, shifting the tide of war for legions of participants. Mercenaries can gain the advantage by coordinating with starship pilots in EVE Online, calling in devastating orbital strikes against opposing squads. The fortunes of DUST 514players will rise and fall as they align themselves with like-minded warriors to make their mark across the EVE Universe.
Highlights of what players will experience in DUST 514 include:
- · Massive Persistent Universe: Wage war on the surfaces of far-flung planets with countless environmental combinations.
- · Planetary Conquest: Marshal your forces in a continuous, ever-changing battle to conquer the worlds of New Eden and control their resources.
- · Large-scale Warfare: Vie for control of unique sci-fi battlefields with up to 32 players in simultaneous combat.
- · Endless Customization: Create custom mercenaries with lethal dropsuits, skills and weapons.
- · Vehicles On-demand: Acquire, outfit and deploy heavily armed and armored vehicles, on land and in the skies.
- · Social Sandbox: Build a formidable corporation with thousands of players as you seize the opportunities and bounties that come with galactic conflict.
- · Connected Experience: For the first time ever, join forces in a cross-platform gaming experience with the immortal starship pilots of EVE Online to conquer New Eden, one skirmish at a time.
On May 14, the uprising of DUST 514’s mercenaries begins and their impact will leave New Eden forever altered.Tweet this!