For those on custom firmware, finding a way to get back on PSN has been something you’ve done some research on. With that research, you probably ran into drizzt’s fuckPSN application. It’s back with a new stable update for all to enjoy.Through the test version that was released prior to this one, it was found to support all of the 3.55 custom firmwares. with that working natively, drizzt has moved onto adding support for the 3.41 custom firmware series and a DNS library dubbed RubyDNS. (Something that you probably stumbled upon as well)
Installation for fuckPSN remains the same, so if you’re familiar with that, you can go ahead with the download. If not, peep them real quick:
- Install dev_blind.pkg and OpenPS3FTP on your PS3 (using FTP, external USB or what else)
- Launch dev_blind and make it mount the flash
- Open OpenPS3FTP
- Connect via FTP to PS3 (using username root and password openbox)
- Go to /dev_blind/data/cert
- Rename CA27.cer to CA27.cer.bak
- Put my CA27.cer as /dev_blind/data/cert/CA27.cer
- Set the PS3′s PRIMARY and SECONDARY DNS server to your PC’s IP address
- Reboot your PS3
- Start ****Psn-v0.7.exe
- Enjoy with PSN
You can grab fuckPSN from the project’s github page below.
Download: fuckPSN v0.8
Source: @drizzthacksTweet this!