I will start out with installation how-tos for Windows and Linux, and then move on to a review.
- Navigate to iAmGhost’s GitHub page
- Under “Portable Version” click on the here link
- Click on “VitaUpdateBlocker.exe”
- Click “Download”
- Go to where ever you downloaded the file and run it
- You should see an IP address and a port number
- Do not close the program
- On your Vita: Settings -> Network Settings -> Wifi Settings -> WhateverNetworkYouAreConnectedTo -> Advanced Settings -> Use Proxy
- Under proxy, set the IP address and port number as corresponding with the ones from before
- Use the PSN Store as much as you want (don’t close the program on your PC)
Because this is Linux, this is going to be much easier, in fact, you’ll only need to input one command into the terminal.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install mitmproxy git && sudo git clone https://github.com/iAmGhost/VitaUpdateBlocker.git && cd VitaUpdateBlocker && python vita*.py
After the first run, you only need to type:
cd VitaUpdateBlocker && python vita*.py
Don’t you just love Linux?
For either system, if you try to download a large file from PSN Store and it doesn’t work:
- Open Store application with proxy setting.
- When store main loads, go settings application and disable proxy without killing Store app.
- Back to Store app and download files.
Before I start, this isn’t really going to be much of a review. Well, here goes nothing.
VitaUpdateBlocker works really well. It gets the job done, and I have don’t have to do anything. I would recommend it to all. Thank you to iAmGhost for developing. Rating: 8.5/10
That’s all for now from me, The Jay Doctor. What do you think about this application. Let me know in the comments, or on Twitter where I can be contacted/followed @The_Jay_Doctor using the handy links below.Tweet this!