Estwald and D_Skywalk have followed up on their last update of Iris Manager. This takes it to v2.42. This is a very important update, so please if you are using Iris Manager 2.41, Download this version and update it due to a crash that was detected in CFW 4.40 and CFW 4.41. This version does support PS3 Custom Firmwares: 3.41 (Hermes), 3.55 (Kmeaw), 4.21 & 4.30 CEX (with LV1 access, like Rogero or Rebug), 4.31 CFW, 4.21 DEX, 4.40 CEX MLT and 4.41CFW. So if you are on any of thise versions of CFW with 2.41 update now. There is no real changelog for this version other than this information. Here is the changelog given in the previous version, along with the 2.42 update below it.
Iris Manager v2.41 Changelog, roughly translated: New: Version 2.41
1) Italian language update (thanks to AlexanderPs3Mod)
2) Added Simplified and Traditional Chinese languages support (thanks Liqianyu)
3) Added syscall 879 emulation (Bd Media ID) for DiscLess Payload
4) Improved discless mode in 3.55, 4.21 and 4.30 CEX CFW. With a USB device, it mounts on exit; without USB device, use the “PS” in Iris Manager to display the disc. If your CFW requires mounting a USB device for disc-less, remember that pressing START (Global Options) and then SELECT display and record the generated Event ID.
5) Added fixed DEX and CFW 4.41 payloads, corresponding to patches from PS3 ITA Fan Control Manager (thanks to Zz_SACRO_zZ , Rancid- o for contributing and greetings to the rest of the PS3ITA Team for initiating a project based in Iris Manager)
6) Also added the method to fix Error 0×80010009 in CFWs sharing the same keys (from 4.21 to 4.41) when a executable is greater than that of CFW. In this case, I made a custom implementation code from ITA PS3 Team:
• The games and updates are patched to use “Check Files” option (Test Game) that in my opinion, is the right choice for this
• Instead of using fixed offsets to read the version, its taken from the SELF / SPRX header offset to prevent a possible change in position of the data (which would leave the executable unusable) and simplify the routine, which will serve to all executables.
• Instead of patching to version 3.41 which can lead to confusion and perhaps create problems in the future, we patching the same version of the detected CFW. This way, it always informs a compatible version with the same keys.
• It manages all file errors that may occur.
7) Using Sandungas suggestion, it uses / dev_hdd0/GAMES/covers and / dev_hdd0/GAMEZ/covers as potential places to find cover art to avoid duplication of data between Iris and Multiman. Iris will not look for covers on external drives because the process will be slow and complicated and we can all easily copy (using the File Manager) content to the internal disk.
Media ID on BD
In anticipation of a possible check BD Media ID (Export 0xEF666B52 in liblv2 and syscall 879) has been carried out for inclusion in the payload Disc emulate Less.
To get it you need to be in “With BDVD Controller” (With BDVD Controller) and insert the disk after running Iris Manager. Failure to do so, the syscall return Error 0×80010005 and it will not be possible to obtain the ID. Press SELECT on the disc icon, we see in the options “BD ID: XX XX …” in blue because it is a Bluray disc and yellow when it comes to a game on the hard drive to recover the information.
My original disk MGS4 seems to not have BD Media ID and returns all data to 0 and error 0×80010006: This will be the default mode of operation of the emulation, then possibly some old games lack it.
When you insert a disc, you create a file in / dev_hdd0/game/IMANAGER4/config containing the ID and extension. Did. For example, for Kill 00081.did BCES-Zone 2, which is used as temporary store ID.
Later when launching the game dede hard disk (internal or external), or entering their options with SELECT, Disc-Less mode that ID is taken and stored in the file BDMEDIA_ID in your root directory (for example, in my If, on / dev_hdd0/GAMES/Killzone2/BDMEDIA_ID) and stored by the syscall function 7 in the payload 40 to be used from the syscall 879.
In short: if the BD Media ID is 16 bytes to 0, it will return the ID and error 0×80010006. If by syscall 40 keep an ID function 7 average, returned the ID without error.
Thus, if a game is to check if it is running from the original disk using that facility, will give you the correct ID and avoid problems.
- Fixed crash when detecting between CFW 4.40 and CFW 4.41.
Download: Iris Manager v2.42 for v4.XX PS3 CFW