Whilst a lot of you see me as an angry ass hole, who gets into rages and swears a lot, what you don’t see is the softer side of me and that is where this campaign comes in, as both a father and a gamer, i thought this cause was important, because we all love gaming and because most of us are fathers and mothers, before i get into our personal team, i will post some information about this awesome cause.
On an Autumn Saturday each year since 2008, tens of thousands of gamers have joined together to save the lives of local kids in a celebration of gaming culture that we call Extra Life. From console games to tabletop RPG’s to even lawn sports, Extra Life gives people that love to play a chance to do what they love to save lives and make a difference.
Originally designed as a 24-hour marathon of gaming, Extra Life has evolved to mean different things to different people (though most of our participants still attempt the marathon).
To participate you need only sign up (free) and gather the support of your friends and family through tax-deductible donations to your local CMN Hospital. Then on Saturday, November 2nd (or any day that works for you!) play any game(s) you want on any platform(s) that you want with anyone you want for as long as you want.
The proceeds from Extra Life stay where they’re raised to support children’s hospitals.
Since 2008, our incredible players have raised more than 4 million dollars, and this year, on November 2nd, 2013 we believe they will outdo themselves yet again.
With your help we can set a new record and save so many more kids!
WHEN: November 2, 2013 @ 8am (Or pick a date that works for you!)
WHERE: Anywhere you like to game (Most people play from home!)
GAME/PLATFORM: Play any games on any platforms you want including mobile devices or board games!
HOW IT WORKS: Simply ask your friends and family to sponsor your efforts. They can make a monthly pledge or a one-time gift. Then, have a seat and play games on November 2nd.
WHO IT BENEFITS: Gamers select the children’s hospital they want to play for during registration. In the US and Canada there are more than 170 CMN Hospitals to choose from. Players outside of North America can choose hospitals and causes that work specifically in their area of the world.
As always you can register for Extra Life absolutely free, however we’d like you to consider the $15 Platinum option, which makes you eligible to receive lot’s of goodies and prizes throughout the campaign, including the official 2013 Extra Life T-shirt when you hit $200 in funds raised.
The PlayStation Part
PlayStation Prizes for Extra Life Activities
We’re encouraging gamers everywhere to register for Extra Life with a special option to register as a PlayStation participant when signing up. You select it under the ‘Which Movement Are You Joining?’ drop-down menu as you’re registering. Once your profile is created, get out there and let all your friends and family know about the cause your supporting, and do your best to motivate those around you to support your efforts with whatever donation amounts they’re comfortable with giving.
As a PlayStation participant, not only will the donations you raise go to a great cause, you’ll also be eligible to get PlayStation prizes as well! Check out the breakdown below:
PS3HaX Extra Life Team
Now that that is over, on to details of the PS3HaX team:
- This isn’t one of those fake PS3 Scene scams, where you donate to a lame dev, who promises to release something in return for money, then doesn’t.(Im ashamed that i actually have to post that )
- The money doesn’t go to me or anyone who joins the team, it goes to the hospital that i have chosen.
- The Children’s Hospital i have chosen is – Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
- You can join the team without having to donate.
- The donation goal to reach is $200, of which i have personally added $25, this goal can be raised if it needs to be.
- Everyone that joins gets a free PS3 Theme(As long as they select PlayStation at the drop down box that says “Which Extra Life Movement are you Joining?*”)
- If you join the team, you need to play games for 24 hours, that shouldn’t be a problem for any of you.
- The games that are mentioned above in “The PlayStation Part”, will be game codes and will be given away for free on the forum, i will not be keeping these myself.
- If we manage to be the most generous and get the PS4 collection, i will buy a huge microwave and see how well the machine does, being cooked
- The PS3HaX Extra Life Team, click the link to join the team and donate – http://www.extra-life.org/team/PS3HaX
I also think that other Scene Sites should get involved, sites like PSX-Scene, see who have the most generous user base, make a sort of friendly competition between the sites, what you sat STLCardsWS and tthousand ?Tweet this!