A new MAME emulator for the PS3 makes its way to the scene. Developer Ole who also brought the E-UAE Amiga emulator to the PS3 has released a v0.125 port of MAME. This emulator is still in development and this is considered a “Preview Release” with more fixes and additions to come later from the developer. You should use the v0.125 romset. I would not recommenced using a higher romset. Lower ones may work but for best performance one should use 0.125 romset for this MAME port. For all the details take a peek at the ReadMe file that is included below.
Readme File from Ole’s PS3 MAME Port of 0.125
MAME 0125 for PS3 release 1
- compiled by using psl1ght v.2 sdk
- The full uae documentation is stored in the ‘docs’ subdirectory, here you are reading the ps3 port info.
- full set of games, although only older / smaller games are playable
- simple selection of games (no rescanning or installation, just select the game zip file and off you go!)
- TATE mode switch in the initial menu
- HW rendering using arcade shader
- configurable scanlines (off, 10 – 100 % intensity)
- TV set switch: 16/9 or 4/3
- 2 player support
- configurable button layout for individual player
- sound in 48000 kHz
- ps3 ready to boot homebrew programs
In the launch menu:
- L1 – go to options
- TRIANGLE – toggle Tate mode
- SQUARE exit
In the game:
- R3 or L1+L2+R1+R2 – display mame menu (to select new game)
- Left analog and digital – joystick
- CROSS, CIRCLE, SQUARE, TRIANGLE – buttons accroding the button layout
- This is the first release, options are not saved to disk. Sorry, please wait for the next release.
- I’m using older version of mame because it’s faster than the later versions that use C++
Credits and thanks:
- MAME team and porters.
- psl1ght sdk team
- PS3 homebrew scene