The new Playstation Vita update is already out and ready for you to download.
As now in most regions official firmware update 2.10 has been rolled out and is a mandatory update meaning that if you’re on any firmware lower than that you wont have PSN access. Everyone should receive the update shortly if they haven’t already. The update adds a substantial amount of features. Some of which I reported a long time ago before Sony even announced it, and as of now it looks like the rest of the information from the inside source could come to actuality.
If you’re not familiar with what this new Vita update brings, some of the features include (Note: A full changelog will be released on the firmware update page later):
- Create folders to more easily manage your favorite application icons on the home screen, with up to 10 icons in each folder and a maximum of 100 on the home screen (including icons inside the folders).
- Verify which PS Vita card you are using by looking at the home screen’s info bar. You can also save the layout of your home screen icons in the memory card.
- Added video support allows you to play videos within the browser (memory card required; some videos are not supported).
- New email enhancements allows you to view HTML messages, add multiple email addresses to your contacts, and easily search your messages using the new search feature.
- PlayStation Plus members will be able to automatically update PlayStation Mobile format software and upload game save data onto online storage using 3G connection.
- New “Mute Automatically” option will mute your PS Vita speakers when your headset is unplugged and pause your music when using the music app.
As usually Sony has a grudge against Vita users playing their retro games and harmless homebrews and have blocked VHBL on Firmware 2.06 with the usermode Apache Overkill exploit. So if you would like to keep your exploit do not update or it will no longer work. If you plan on updating you may want to delete your homebrew using PSPFILER to conserve space; if a new usermode exploit happens to be released it will still be there if you decide to not delete it. O
pen CMA should still be working as normal too .
UPDATE: It seems some reports are comming in that Open CMA no longer works on 2.10 and above but is working on lower firmwares. We will look into this further and see what can be done.
Let us know in the comments what you think of the new firmware update!Tweet this!