This is something that has been bugging me with multiMAN for a long while. After mmCM’s previous release comes version 04.05.00 which brings ZIP extration support along with it.
Even with an unfortunate 4GB cap, this will be a very handy feature for me. Also added are some other clever extraction techniques that will, for example, install a PKG update via the ZIP file using a special file naming format. And for those nalstalgic gamers, multiple emulators have been updated to.
- Added support for ZIP files (4GB ZIP filesize limit)
- Added support for extracting ZIP files in mmOS (unzip supports subfolders, too); User can enter the target folder name to extract the zip in.
- Unzip in the same folder: ([O]->Unzip Here)
- Unzip in a different folder: ([O]->Copy -> (go to a different folder) -> [O]->Unzip Here)
- Double-click a .zip file – extracts archive to TEMP location and opens target folder
- -> TIP <- : To extract into current folder enter single dot . for folder name;
- Added support for installable ZIP packages when filename is in special format (double click on such special zip in mmOS):
- PS3~dev_hdd0~GAMES~BLES12345~dlc.zip will prompt the user to install the contents in /dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLES12345/dlc folder
- PS3~dev_blind~test.zip -> will make mM enable WRITE access to dev_flash and install the contents of the .zip in /dev_blind/test (/dev_flash/test) folder (use with caution)
-> TIP#1 <- : Special ZIP naming convention: prefix is "PS3", "/" is replaced by "~"
-> TIP#2 <- : This approach can be used to restore backups of /dev_hdd0/home or install patch-fixes or other data
- Added support for RetroArch 0.9.7 new cores – launching retro ROMs from “Retro” column
- Added support for launching retro ROMs in ZIP format from local or network locations (/dev_hdd0, /dev_usb***, /net_host*)
- Added support for new emulator cores:
- Mednafen’s PCE for PS3 (pce)
- Mednafen’s WonderSwan Color for PS3 (wsw)
- PRBOOM for PS3 (prb) (plays Doom, Doom II, Final Doom and other Doom IWAD mods)
- Added new options in “options.ini” to define paths to new cores, roms and covers (pce, wsw, prb folders in ./ROMS and ./covers_retro)
- Added support for PIC1.PNG background images for local (internal HDD and external USB HDD) PS3 games in ISO format
- Added support for coverart for local PS3 games in ISO format
- Added support for game icons (ICON0.PNG) to mmOS Desktop shortcuts for local PS3 games in ISO format
- Fixed sort order of Game column when only PS3 games in ISO format are listed
- Fixed issue with Retro column (when detaching USB HDD while scanning for ROMs)
Download: mmCM v04.05.00
Source: cobra-usbTweet this!