There’s a new major (BASE) version of multiMAN available by deank today. It’s version 04.17.00 and features a plethora of changes. From overhauling the GUI to bring speed improvements to implementing background file verification for games, deank is doing everything in his power to ensure that users of multiMAN have the best experience possible. To give you a refresher of what’s changed from 04.16.00 to now, here’s the changelog:
- Improved overall speed of all functions and GUI
- Data Test/Verify functions now take fraction of the time compared to previous versions
- Improved ‘Verifying data’ of USB games by a factor of 50
- Improved scan before copying a game/folder
- Improved loading folders in mmOS
- Improved just a bit deleting games/folders
- Greatly improved loading content when browsing PS3 HDD/USB drives in game modes
- Loading Retro ROM/Video/Photo and ISO folders while browsing PS3 HDD/USB is now about 15 times faster
- Added “Friendly” name option in “Settings”/”Network Servers” for /net_host parties
- Fixed over-scrolling when browsing through large number of entries
- Increased max number of entries in game modes by 50% to 3072 (from 2048)
- Improved speed when copying games/files from/to USB HDDs
- Improved speed when copying games from PS3 Game Discs
- Improved speed when copying/browsing folders via FTP (LIST/MLSD)
- Added support for up to 99 pkg files in the [* Install Package Files] queue
- [* Install Package Files] function will scan /dev_hdd0/PKGTMP and will MOVE the queued pkg files from this folder (saving HDD space by not copying to temp location)
- mmOS will now honor the “Verify USB Games” setting when starting games from icons/shortcuts/game-folder
- Scanning for active USB storage devices is now performed in the background and will speed up loading games on 4.**CFW
- Verifying games in now performed in the background (when possible) to avoid delays when loading games
While on the ‘improvement’ track I decided to remove and completely rewrite another major function in mM – copying folders/games. Currently the memory used by the new function is down to 6MB (from 12MB – used to be 32MB in the beginning). While at it I added the double progress bar so you can monitor the progress for each file and the overall progress.
I used LittleBigPlanet game as a test/reference when I started improving things last week and finally got about 15-30% speed increase.
8343MB (240 files):
Before the optimizations:
HDD->USB = 13:20min (800 seconds) (~10.4MB/s)
USB->HDD = 11:30min (690 seconds) (~12.1MB/s)
After the optimizations:
HDD->USB = 10:30min (630 seconds) (~13.3MB/s) (about 28% faster)
USB->HDD = 08:30min (510 seconds) (~16.4MB/s) (about 35% faster)
Copying from PS3 Game Disc is at ~8.4MB/s (which is the max. read rate of the ps3 bd-drive).
Noticeable improvements made indeed. You can download the latest version of multiMAN by using the integrated updater or by downloading and installing the package below.
Download: multiMAN 04.17.00
Source: PS3CrunchTweet this!