Warner Bros. have released some new screenshots for their upcoming Wii U title, Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition.
It comes as the enhanced version of the award winning game also available on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. The Wii U version delivers the same story and gameplay but comes with gameplay mechanics and features made possible with the Wii U and the Wii U GamePad.
The main features of the game include:
- Battle Armoured Tech Mode (B.A.T. Mode) – A new upgraded battle suit for both Batman and Catwoman gives players an additional power-up by allowing them to build up kinetic energy during combat. When activated, Batman enters B.A.T. mode, whereby he doles out more damage and has a heighted sense of enemy locations.
- Wii U GamePad Functionality – The GamePad touch screen allows players to truly be The World’s Greatest Detective with the newly designed, wrist-mounted Batcomputer. Players can select their gadget, track evidence, upgrade their gear, set and detonate explosive gel, and more, all without ever leaving the game.
- Reimagined Gadgets – All gadgets have been reimagined to utilize the power of the GamePad. For example, players can now use the new Sonar mode that enables Batman to quickly probe his surroundings to develop the tactics needed for success. Players can then select, customize and equip their preferred gadget loadout, as well as access a real-time map of Gotham without ever leaving the action of the game. The new controller also allows for an unprecedented level of accuracy when using the Batarang and scanning for clues.
- GamePad Only Mode – The full game can be played directly on the GamePad, no TV is required.
- Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition Content – Included on disc are all previously released downloadable content: Harley Quinn’s Revenge Pack, Catwoman Pack, Nightwing Bundle Pack, Robin Bundle Pack, Challenge Map Pack and Arkham City Skins Pack.
The new screenshots can be seen below. Let us know your thoughts via the comment section below.