The latest issue of Game Informer have revealed some fresh new details about Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.
It has also been rumored that the main story can last as little as 2 hours but that has yet to be commented on officially by Konami.
The new details include:
- Metal Gear Solid: GZ is set in 1975, while The Phantom Pain is set in 1984.
- In true MGS fashion, infiltrating Camp Omega can be achieved in a number of ways.
- Snake’s binoculars can be used to tag enemies, allowing users to see them on their mini-map. The feature can be turned off in the options menu.
- Guard AI patterns are “wider and [more] unpredictable” than in previous games.
- Players can fire weapons from both a first and third person perspective.
- Line of sight shooting is well polished, with the playtester able to shoot between the wires in a barbed wire fence.
- Inventory management is done via the d-pad – earlier inventory system is gone.
- All found weapons can be used.
- When escaping foes, an onscreen numerical indicator is no longer used. Instead, a directional indicator similar to Far Cry 3 is used.
- An enemy’s level of alertness no longer depletes via a counter. Users will need to observe and keep an ear on intercepted radio.
- A new ability allows the player to slow down time briefly when discovered by a guard. This allows time to quickly shoot the guard. This can be deactivated.
- For melee attacks, a button prompt appears when Snake is close enough to an enemy. Snake can select between ‘interrogate’, ‘knock out’ or ‘kill’.
- Selecting interrogate can force the guard to reveal locations for ammo and secret passages.
- Vehicles take some time to learn. Turning radiuses are “pitiful”.
- Ground Zeroes comes with “a handful of extra missions”.
- The game features leaderboards.
- Playtester completed the story mission in less than two hours.
- Konami speedrunners have completed the game in five minutes.
- MGS V looks “slightly” better on PS4 than Xbox One.
- Unlocking side missions requires the player to collect XOF patches. Collecting them unlock the special, platform-specific missions.
What do you think about the rumored length of the main story and the new details given today? Let us know via the comment section below.
Source: CVGTweet this!