Well well…Hello slow news day. Today we take a look at the past few days in the PSP to PS3 conversion community, with a few recent tools that have emerged. Ez PSP2PS3 1.3 and an update to aldostools PSP2PS3 2.1.2 mod. UnknownArchive did some extensive testing with doobz’ PSPtoPS3 b22 tool with the Remaster Method selected as well. Over 150+ converted PSP titles were tested and shown in the source below. Check out the tools updates and changelogs below.
Ez PSP2PS3 1.3
Developed by djpopol member of our forums, Ez PSP2PS3 is a program designed to simply convert ISO PSP Minis PSP or PSP Remasters. Its major asset is its intelligence because its code was developed so that almost everything is automated. The detection of the ISO is for example made by the program, you do not even need to define if the game requires a signature.
Other features of the application are many, you will find a non-exhaustive list below. Supported formats are. DAX. CSO and. ISO, knowing that it is possible to convert .DAX / .CSO in games. ISO in manual mode. Three languages are available: English, French and Spanish. Note that the program requires. NET Framework 4.5 to run.
- Conversion DAX CSO or ISO PSP Minis or PSP Remasters (optional)
- Choose between two modes: automatic mode and manual mode
- Compression EBOOT. PBP
- Generation and ISO.BIN MINIS.BIN files from the EBOOT. PBP
- Fix backup
- Customization of PKG to generate
- Conversion DAX / CSO to ISO (manual mode)
- Extracting ISO (manual mode)
- Creation and extraction of PKG (manual mode)
- Creation and extraction EBOOT. PBP (manual mode)
- Creating ISO. BIN (manual mode)
- Creating EDAT (manual mode)
- Choice of three languages: French, English and Spanish
- Customization of the UI
Version 1.3 released today is characterized by the contribution of many changes, the most notable are rewriting the code and support the conversion of games PSP Remasters.
- Code completely rewritten.
- Support the method “remaster” and can choose the MINIS2.TXT (for create, see minis2 examples.txt-file). Otherwise, the program uses the default options (see MINIS2.TXT)
- Support for PBP.
- New manual.
- Checking size of the ISO, which must not exceed 1775861760 bytes.
- Signing with ISO necessary. In automatic mode, the program will directly but not on the original ISO. In manual mode, you are asked whether you want to sign up or not, if yes, it is possible to choose the path of the new ISO (it is possible to resume the original ISO).
- For manual mode, creating images to the required size, with visual and save wherever you want (except for PIC0.PNG if it does not exceed the MAX (1000×560) dimension. If it exceeds the MAX size, then it will be resized the MAX size). Supported formats are: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF.
- Ability to add and ICON1.PAM SND0.AT3.
PSP2PS3 2.1.2 “mod”
PSP2PS3 2.1.2 “mod“ updated 2013-05-09!
Based on the awesome scripts created by szczuru, and the tools created by Pink1, arnold (swapperneger), zecoxao, tpu, doobz, sandungas among others devs. This “mod” tries to streamline the process of conversion of PKG/ISO/CSO/PBP to PSP package for PS3. Latest versions include a GUI and improved compatibility.
Changes in v2.1.2 “mod by aldostools”
– Added option for resign tool to use: seboot or prxencrypter
– Added option to create PKG to update MINIS2.EDAT when a PKG was created and MINIS2.EDAT is updated.
– Added option to restore the MINIS2.TXT if it is not the default file.
– Fixed ICON0 for icons 80×80 (minis)
– Added ability to cancel the process
– Added progress bar for CSO and PKG
– Removed the batch scripts.
– Added option to customize package icon & background.
– Added option to use custom title id/content id.
– Added support for multiple MINIS2 templates. MINIS2 can be edited before start the conversion.
– Added detection if the EBOOT must be resigned.
– Added warning about compression & tooltips.
– Added support for DONOR.PBP
– Added preview of media files when a PKG, PBP or ISO is selected
Changes in v1.8.1 “mod by aldostools”
– Added mapping of d-pad arrows to right analog stick in MINIS2.TXT for PSP Remasters. (thanks to lex3a for the tip).
– Includes a patched version of PSPtoPS3-b22 by Doobz (fixes type and a complain about version in SFO).
Report your PSP compatibility results here
UnknownArchive’s YouTube Video (150+ PSP Remaster Test)
UnknownArchive has created over 150+ YouTube Videos of PSP Game Conversion for the PS3, using the PSP Remaster method in PSPtoPS3 b22. For More information on this release, please check the source below.