Due to the upcoming release of Metal Gear Solid 5, and the amounts of new people that will enter this great universe, I decided to review all Metal Gear games up to date.
The games I will review will only be the ones in the canonical timeline, which means no Ghost Babel and no Metal Gear Acid.
This is the full list:
– Metal Gear. I’ll be reviewing both the original MSX version and contrast it with the PS2/3/Vita remake.
– Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. I’ll review the original MSX version and contrast it with the PS2/3/Vita remake.
– Metal Gear Solid. I’ll mostly review the PSX version but I will also contrast it with the GameCube remake The Twin Snakes.
– Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. I will review the original PS2 version, including the extended version Substance, and contrast it with the Vita HD port.
– Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. I will review the original PS2 version and contrast it with the extended version Subsistence and later HD remakes.
– Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. This one is PSP exclusive, I will also talk about its expansion Portable Ops Plus.
– Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. This is a PS3 exclusive and got no expansion, wysiwyg.
– Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. I have my doubts about this one. If there’s time, I’ll do it, else, I wont.
I will not review Metal Gear Rising, I haven’t played it yet.
WATCH OUT FOR SPOILERS. Not only will I be reviewing the gameplay and stuff, I will also summarize (without much detail) the whole story. If you have never beaten any of these games and have no plans of doing it then you can go ahead and read the spoilers, if you haven’t played them and plan to play them, then I suggest you skip the part with spoilers. Don’t worry, I’ll clearly tell you when the spoilers will begin and when they will end.
I WILL NOT DISCLOSE GAME SECRETS, UNLOCKABLES, TIPS OR TRICKS. I’m not a damn strategy guide. I might however consider making a brief Tips or Tricks part on how to beat bosses, but I still don’t know if I’ll do it on the blog, or the forums.
If you have questions about the games, gameplay, bosses, storyline, etc, I will open a thread on the forums for such.
And now the most important thing: the date.
Well, considering that my birthday is coming up in 19 days I thought I’d do an article a day starting from next friday and up until a day before my birthday. That also means the inevitable fact that I’ll have to replay these games again, so like I said, if I don’t have time, I’ll skip Peace Walker, and worst case scenario I’ll skip MGS4, mostly because I still don’t have a way to play with my PS3 as my TV broke.
Now, if you want me to focus on certain aspects of the games or do this or that, leave a comment below and I might not ignore it.
In the meantime, here’s a teaser picture.