RetroArch has been under development for a while now and its just getting better and better with every update. Thanks to the work of Themaister & Squarepusher the official release of RetroArch 0.9.8 for PS3 is ready for you to get your game on, loaded with the new Mednafen_neo_pop (Neo Geo Pocket / Color) & Mednafen_VB (Virtual Boy) cores this update brings Neo Geo Pocket and Virtual Boy support to the emulator giant. Simply adding to more systems isn’t enough though and thanks to the hard work of the developers RetroArch is more stable than ever and they have even added a few new options, have a read of the change log below for a full list of changes and fixes.
- [LIBRETRO] Added Mednafen NGP and Mednafen VB.
- [LIBRETRO] Added NEStopia Undead (1.44).
- [LIBRETRO] Updated Mednafen PCE Fast and Mednafen Wonderswan to 0.9.28.
- [FBA] Updated Final Burn Alpha to 0.9.27.28.
- [Gambatte] Updated Gambatte (now has built-in GBC BIOS color palettes).
- [SNES9x Next] Updated SNES9x Next (fixes numerous bugs).
- [FCEUmm] Updated FCEUmm to latest version.
- [Genesis Plus GX] Updated Genesis Plus GX to latest version.
- (RARCH_CONSOLE) Various stability fixes
- (RARCH_CONSOLE) More sane unzipping mode – will temporarily extract file to
HDD and then instantly delete it when it’s done with it (ie. when another ROM
gets loaded or when RetroArch shuts down)
- (RARCH_CONSOLE) All console ports now use 59.94Hz for synchronization on
the RetroArch side instead of 59.92Hz as before. All consoles use 59.94Hz
so this agrees better with them.
- (PS3) Added PAL60 temporal PAL mode
- (PS3) Fixed a lot of path issues – SRAM/savestate dir enable now work,
‘Default ROM directory’ should now work, etc.
- (PS3) Added rewind granularity options
- (PS3) Rewrote video driver from scratch (RGL v2). Faster blitting.
- (PS3) Onscreen keyboard should work again.