RetroArch, the multiplatform emulator for the PS3 has just gotten another update. Squarepusher has released version 0.9.8.1 which aims to fix the various bugs that were present in the preceding 0.9.8 release. Along with the bugfixes made to the affected emulators, the menu skins can now be changed. If you’re feeling a little creative, you can also create and share your own skins. Here’s the changelog for the latest release:
- [FBA] Fixed serious bug that would cause a lot of games to get stuck in service mode or to display graphical corruption (CPS1).
- [NEStopia] Now outputs in mono sound mode.
- [FCEUmm] Uses RGB565 now – should no longer flicker on RMenu.
- [Mednafen PC Engine Fast] Fixed libretro issue where certain games had totally wrong pitch
- [Mednafen Wonderswan] Core fixed, works again.
- [Genesis Plus GX] Set audio samplerate at 48KHz (from 44KHz).
- [PS3] Fixed serious bugs where it could get ‘stuck’ or the app could ‘hang’ while toggling between ingame and quickmenu/file browser.
- [PS3] Added ‘Menu Skins’ to ‘Retro Settings’ – will allow you to select a different background for the menu. Captain CPS-X’s menu skin is also included.
You can grab the latest update below.