A handy update to Blutrol has been released allowing you to pair your PlayStation 3 controller to a iPhone or iPad. This is great for users who prefer the feel of a gaming control over touch screen gaming. The iDevice app costs a mere $6.99 and used in conjusction with a PC, Mac or Windows, will not only pair your PS3 controller but also configure it’s buttons accordingly. Here is a breakdown of what to do.
- Download a tweak called “Blutrol” from Cydia to your iPhone or iPad. It costs $6.99.
- Connect both your controller and iPhone/iPad to your computer via USB.
- Download the SixPair tool for Mac or Windows - for the Windows version pairing up will be a little different, so please follow that page.
- Launch “Blutrol” on your iDevice. Hit the “controller” tab, then tap on PS3 controller and hit connect.
- Launch the SixPair tool on your Mac. You should then be shown what you see below. Simply hit the “Pair Controller to iPad”
- Your controller and iDevice should now be all paired up.
- Now you’ll need to add games to work with the controller. Go to any game which has virtual touchscreen buttons and take a screenshot.
- Head back to Blutrol and go to the “Games” tab. Hit the plus button on the top right. Choose your game, then choose the format of the screenshot you took, whether it be portrait or landscape.
- Under controller configuration you should see “PS3 Controller”, choose whichever screenshot you used, then simply drag and drop the controls.
Take a look at the video showcasing this here.