Here are some additional tools for the PlayStation 3 console. These Windows based tools, developed by Nathan_r32_69 and based on failoverflow’s tools, will convert regular PGK files to the newer format known as SPKG. Ever since firmware 3.56 and above PKG files are required to be in SPKG format in order to install correctly. One of the tools below will conveniently convert the older PKG file to SPKG for use on your 4.XX custom firmware console.
- Patched spu_pkg_rvk_verifier (disable ecdsa check)
- Have spkg files on your “.ps3″ folder
- spkg.exe – This tool creates a spkg file from a pkg file
- unspkg.exe – This tool decrypts spkg files (*.spkg_hdr.1)
- new_pkg.exe – The tool creates a pkg file and simultaneously a spkg file, the last one is compatible with the first one
- new_unpkg.exe – This tool decrypts a pkg file and exports his decrypted header/metadata
usage: spkg [filename.pkg]
usage: unspkg filename.spkg output
usage: new_pkg [key suffix] [contents] [filename.pkg]
usage: new_unpkg [-s] filename.pkg target
Download: PKG/SPKG Tools
Github Repository: PKG-SPKG Tools
Source: psx-sceneTweet this!