Capcom have announced that players can play as Ada Wong or a Zombie in their upcoming horror title, Resident Evil 6.
Ada Wong comes as a playable character with her own individual campaign in Resident Evil 6. It features unique missions and will provide her perspective on the bioterrorist outbreaks that threaten to wipe out the world’s population. Ada Wong’s campaign becomes available once players have completed the campaigns for Leon, Chris and Jake.
Those who want experience the action as a zombie, J’avo or other C-virus mutation then the all new online mode Agent Hunt delivers. As a hunter, players will be allowed to infiltrate other players’ sessions with the aim of eliminating the human characters. As a hunter, players will have access to the unique movements and attacks of each of the enemies, including those of the various J’avo transformations.
The main features of Agent Hunt mode can be seen below. Let us know your thoughts via the comment section below.
- Complete the main campaigns for either Leon, Chris or Jake to then unlock the Agent Hunt stages for each of those respective campaigns
- When creating an RE6 gameplay session a player has the option to allow/not allow Agent Hunt
- When a hunter searches for a session to join they will see whether or not other players from around the world want to allow hunters into their game
- The hunter then picks another player’s session to join and jumps into that session. Please note only certain stages will be available for Agent Hunt sessions
- The agent side can be either a single human player with an AI partner, or two human players in co-op mode. Up to two separate hunters can join an Agent Hunt session. When a hunter dies they respawn in the same session as a different random enemy from that area
- If the hunter eliminates the agent then they will be taken to a ‘hunt successful’ results screen where they can join another session if they wish
- If the agent is eliminated then their game session will end exactly as if they had been playing a standard game session with CPU enemies
- If the hunter quits the session then the agent’s game continues as normal with all AI enemies
Resident Evil 6 will be available globally on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 from October 2nd 2012 with a PC version to follow.Tweet this!