Page 1 of 2
Like to have the best when it comes to media streaming? Using Universal Media Server nonetheless? Here’s the latest update to the application.
The first update for Universal Media Server’s 2.6 series has hit the web. Version 2.6.1 comes to us with support for WTV files, updated languages/ translations and improved renderer support.
- Added option to toggle H.264 remuxing in FFmpeg
- Improved stability of Live Subtitles
- Re-enabled WMP detection
- Speed improvements
- Fixed transcoding to Xbox via FFmpeg
- Added support for WTV files
- A-to-Z virtual folders support sorting options
- Fixed a crash with rare MP3 files
- Improved Sony Blu-ray Player support (thanks, skeptical!)
- Fixed exception on Android
- Fixed stuttering issues with Bravia HX TVs
- Updated Dutch translation (thanks, leroy!)
- Updated Italian language (thanks, nocciola82!)
- External Components:
- Updated FFmpeg for Linux to burek’s 2013-04-04 build, which:
If Universal Media Server is your choice of media streaming application, you can download it below. As always, if coming from a version prior to 1.5.0, it is recommended to delete your “UMS.conf” file or use the clean install option, if possible.
Source: Universal Media Server
Up next SvenGDK updates the XMBPC app.