PRO CFW developer wth (aka yosh) has decided to release a beta version of ARK eCFW for all known exploits and firmwares up to 2.02.
This eCFW has been locked down to only UNO users until now.
PRO developer wth made an all in one package with ARK on all the different exploitable games and regions, theoretically even a person still using Motorstorm should be able to use ARK, but there is a drawback. While most saves should work, not many of them has been tested, mostly due to the lack of testers for all the different exploits, so use this at your own risk, of course there’s no change this will brick your vita nor pspemu.
Originally named PROVita, ARK is an eCFW running on the Vita’s PSP emulator. The CFW is based on PRO for the PSP as it ahs mostly the same features, but ARK is not just a port, it was written from scratch taking the Vita’s limitations in mind to.
What are its features?
I’ll take the time to remind you what ARK has to offer:
– PSX game support (soundless so far, our sound plugin is too glitchy for public use at the moment)
– ISO/CSO game support using Inferno Driver, known to be the most stable and compatible driver out there.
– NoDRM Engine for decrypted dlc playback
– MS-SpeedBoost (most noticable on games like soul calibur)
– Stargate Game Patches (fixes several anti-cfw games)
– Plugin support
– Recovery support
– ISO-cache support (speed up ISO gaming)
Is it better than TN-V?
None of them is better than the other. I personally use both and while I can find things that ARK does better I can also find things that TN-V does better, it’s more a matter of personal usability than anything else.
Where can I get it?
A mega package was uploaded on our ARK Download page
There are no standalone packages yet, you just gotta grab this one and find the correct save for your exploit, but I’m sure it’ll be a matter of time before someone releases standalone packages. Also know that most of them are not throughly tested, if you find any bugs feel free to post bugs here
PRO/ARK CFW developers:
– VirtuousFlame: For the ISO Loading Code, Custom PSX EBOOT Support, PSPCipher and most of the CFW related code.
– Coldbird: For Proshell, and all his CFW related code & Vita redesign of PROCFW.
– Yosh: For the initial sceWlanGetEtherAddr leaked kxploit, yMenu, other kxploit related things and various pieces of code.
– neur0n for his syscall execution in kernel mode, several bug fixes and other CFW related code.
– Dark_Alex for the initial M33 CFW who guided us mentally through several CFW generations by giving good examples on how to patch Sony OFW.
– thecobra & frostegater: For precisions about this kxploit.
– ardi for his umd4homebrew to enable UMD in homebrews.
– Zer01ne for the initial Uno exploit discovery.
– All our testers.
– And last but not least – Sony for making wonderful, however very locked down, portable gaming handhelds.
ARK Can be downloaded hereTweet this!