A new MAME port for the PS3 has been released by the same guy who ported the E-UAE Amiga Emulator and CDG Player. Below is the readme and a short video.
MAME 0125 for PS3 release 1
- compiled by using psl1ght v.2 sdk
- The full uae documentation is stored in the ‘docs’ subdirectory, here
you are reading the ps3 port info.
- full set of games, although only older / smaller games are playable
- simple selection of games (no rescanning or installation, just select the
game zip file and off you go!)
- TATE mode switch in the initial menu
- HW rendering using arcade shader
- sonfigurable scanlines (off, 10 – 100 % intensity)
- TV set switch: 16/9 or 4/3
- 2 player support
- configurable button layout for individual player
- sound in 48000 kHz
- ps3 ready to boot homebrew programs
In the launch menu:
- L1 – go to options
- TRIANGLE – toggle Tate mode
- SQUARE exit
In the game:
- R3 or L1+L2+R1+R2 – display mame menu (to select new game)
- Left analog and digital – joystick
- CROSS, CIRCLE, SQUARE, TRIANGLE – buttons accroding the button layout
- This is the first release, options are not saved to disk.
Sorry, please wait for the next release.
- I’m using older version of mame because it’s faster than
the later versions that use C++
Credits and thanks:
- MAME team and porters.
- psl1ght sdk team
- PS3 homebrew scene
- initial release, hopefully it will work for you
Download Source Files: http://www.volny.cz/molej/ps3/mame-0.125-ps3_r1_src.rarTweet this!