Rogero has released an updated version of his Custom Firmware. Rogero CEX-4.30 v2.04 brings back the official “*Install Package Files” and updates Deank’s IPF on [app_home].
This CFW was tested on most PS3 Models by different testers and no problems were encountered.
But as any CFW release you must install it with caution and by following proper instructions, No one will be held responsible for any damage caused.
* This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over any OFW3.55/CFW3.55/CFW4.21/CFW4.30.
* For details about Downgrading back to CFW/OFW3.55 Please read the Downgrade Guide below
Rogero CFW4.30 v2.04 Change-log
* Added the new patches that allowed the return of the Original “*Install Package Files”, Credits to Szalay and “hidden Man”.
* Updated Dean’s “*Install Package files” on [app_home] to the latest version that doesn’t requires a PS3 Restart anymore.
* All the previous features of version 2.03 are all preserved.
Rogero CFW4.30 v2.03 Details
* Rebuilt from scratch using OFW4.30 files only (no DEX/SEX files) with official XMB and full features working as in OFW4.30
* All known problems like XMB icons sorting and Demo Mode issues from previous versions are now gone with the use of the official XMB.
* New Improved “Install Package Files” Application added to XMB instead of using the traditional DEX Icon, to have a 100% original XMB.
* Once the PS3 is booted, select the [app_home/PS3_GAME] Icon and It will change automatically to [* Install Package Files]
* If you load a Game from multiMAN it will still be redirected and shown under the same [app_home/PS3_GAME] Icon
* After loading a Game, you can restart the PS3 again to have [* Install Package Files] back on XMB
* You can also Install the new stand-alone XMB application from Deank –> [* Install Package Files] to have it showing permanently on XMB.
- [* Install Package Files] function supports:
— up to 256 pkg files
— split pkg files
— queued PKG indication (in red)
— multipart (split) PKG indication (in yellow)
— copy/transfer progress
— Scanned locations: /dev_usb*** /dev_hdd0 /dev_bdvd in /PKG /packages and root folders
— Split files format: .0 – .63 / .66600 – .66663 / .001 – .064
* CFW Structure fixed to match the OFW 4.xx Structure:
— No more corrupted data error messages while Installing from XMB or Recovery Menu.
— The CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over any OFW3.55/CFW3.55/CFW4.21/CFW4.30.
— HDD can be swapped/changed and the CFW4.30 v2.03 will re-install without any problem.
* Patched LV1 to disable LV2 Protection.
* Patched LV1 to add peek/poke support to replace hvc 182/183 (multiMAN Direct Disc Access is now working fine with CFW4.30 v2.03)
* Patched LV1 to disable SYSTEM MANAGER INTEGRITY CHECK (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
* Patched LV1 Core OS Hash Check (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
* The CFW can be used directly for Downgrading with Hardware flashers /Flashing from FSM/Exiting from FSM, all works fine.
* The CFW have both noBD/noBT patches to allow installation on consoles with broken BluRay Drive or Bluetooth board.
* Patched LV2 to add peek/poke support. (for both LV1 and LV2)
* Patched VSH to enable ReActPSN compatibility (Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files, Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat)
* Spoofed the system version to latest OFW version 4.31.
* PSN/SEN access is available as long as the current “passphrase” still the same.
* Loading games from App_home Icon is now fixed.
* It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.30 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed
* Games can be loaded from Disc Icon (with Original game in BD) and from app_home (Disc-less, but not all games).
* Current 3.55 homebrew applications can’t be loaded on this CFW, applications must be re-signed properly for FW4.21/4.30
1- This CFW does have LV1 checks disabled and can be installed on Downgraded PS3 consoles even if not dehashed after downgrade. Just in case anyone still need to dehash, here’s the link Link —-> Dehashing Tutorial
2- Always make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN before installing any CFW to have a recovery backup in case of any bricks.
Having a valid NOR/Nand dump is an essential step before upgrading, because you will always have a chance to recover when you have a valid dump.
** A Hardware Flasher alone without a valid dump may not fix your bricked PS3 **
3- The QA flag is better to be always Enabled on your PS3 for safer upgrading/downgrading operations. Link —-> toggle_qa.pkg
4- Please Check the MD5 of the downloaded PUP file before installing any CFW to avoid possible bricks.
5- DO NOT HAVE DISC IN PS3 WHEN UPDATING FIRMWARES..As the PS3 will take the UPDATE from the DISC First.
6- You need to be already on a 3.55OFW or 3.55CFW/4.21CFW/4.30CFW to install this. Installing from any OFW > 3.55 won’t work. (Hardware Flasher needed)
- Downgrading back to 3.55 is always possible using the following steps :
- Download the Downgrader PUP —> Downgrader PUP mirror —> Downgrader PUP
…Size 176MB (184,595,263 bytes) MD5: 49d80e07fc1f5ca1b0840e02e94635db
- Rename the downloaded file to “PS3UPDAT.PUP” and put it on your USB in: “USBPS3UPDATEPS3UPDAT.PUP”
- While on Rogero CFW4.30, go to System Update from XMB and install the Downgrader PUP.
- After the Downgrader PUP installs you’ll be on a hybrid CFW3.55 that will still shows the spoofed ver4.21 from system settings.
- In case you didn’t have it Set Before, Enable QA flag by following these steps:
1- Download the Rebug QA_Toggle package from here —> toggle_qa.pkg
2- Put the “toggle_qa.pkg” on USB and Install it on the PS3.
3- Run the “Rebug Toggle QA” from XMB, the screen will go Black and you will see HDD Led activity then if all went fine you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
4- If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to “Network Settings” then apply the following key combo (all at the same time):
L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down
You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.
- Now put “Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7″ on your USB in: “USBPS3UPDATEPS3UPDAT.PUP” —> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
- Start the PS3 and install “Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7″ using the System Update from XMB.
- Once you’re back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 you can now install any CFW 3.55/4.21/4.30 using the System Update from XMB
( or Recovery Menu if XMB Update didn’t work ).
Credits to :
*- Szalay and “hidden Man” for the new patches that allowed the return of the original [*Install Package Files] Function.
*- Deank for his continuous efforts on Multiman, the new “Install Package Files” Function and all his assistance during the build process.
*- Evilnat [Nathan_r32_69] for all his contribution with the code, awesome tools, and the Sleepless nights working/testing together.
*- Abkarino [DVD4Arab] for all his research, coding, tools, and help (Good job my friend)
*- The Anonymous source of valuable information ( you know who you are, much Respect )
*- Cyberskunk/Rebug Team for the hints about fixing the UPL package and the Build number, Thank you.
*- All Tortuga-Cove Staff from Admins and Moderators (Thank you Windrider for all the support provided)
*- PS3DevWiki for the valuable and always up-to-date source of information.