The highly anticipated Custom Emulator Firmware TN-V from Total_Noob is finally here!
TN-V brings the XMB experience to the Vita and has been in development for over half a year, and is finally ready to be released. The goal was to bring a full PSP CFW to Vita and its been finally accomplished. TN-V supports ALL exploits we have ever released and will support any future kernel exploits that happen to get released, but remember that there’s a small chance of one being released anytime soon considering the rarity of them. The next release will probably be VHBL which doesn’t support TN-V and can only do emulators and homebrew.
Below you can find the features, instructions and some tips. Please read through it thoroughly but if you have any issues, head over to the /Talk forums! We hope everyone enjoys this, and special thanks to TN for his hard work!
Some of the features of TN-V include:
- The whole PSP environment
- Recovery menu and VSH menu (many options to set)
- Support of plugins
- CPU speed changement (makes no sense, as the difference is only minimal )
- Install Addon
- Network update
- 1.50 kernel homebrews compatibility
- Higher homebrews compatibility (VLF homebrews)
- High PSX compatibility (without sound)
- High backups compatibility
- Support of prometheus patched backups
Instructions: (Note: This requires an exploit to use, TN-V is not an exploit itself!)
- Search the game which you own in ‘savedatas’ and extract the associated savedata to ‘PS VitaPSAVEDATAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’, (The ’XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’ is a bunch of random numbers and letters.)
- Transfer it to your PS Vita using CMA.
- Obtain the 6.60 EBOOT (link below!) and copy it to the savedata folder with the name ’660.PBP’
- Run the exploit game and hold the R trigger while the game is loading the exploited savedata.
- Once you are in the recovery menu, select: -> Advanced -> Install 6.60 files
- As original OFW files are needed, this step has to be done. But ONLY ONE TIME.
- If you are not familiar with the recovery menu, only adjust the settings which are recommended.
- Enjoy 6.60 TN-V
If you’ve found a bug, please either contact Total_Noob or write the problem in the official /Talk forums topic which is collecting bugs. If your problem lies on the initializing of the exploit, please report the debug color which appeared.
* Thanks to Dark_AleX for all his great work since 2005.
* Thanks to frostegater for the wlan kernel exploit.
* Thanks to The_Zett for providing his server.
* Thanks to every developer who provides his game exploit to the scene.
All of Total_Noob’s works are voluntary and non-profit. But if you would like to support him and all the hard work he does, you can donate a small amount of money.