Three awesome releases and here is a quote from the source, i highly recommend downloading this CFW only at the source and no other site:
Rogero has released an update to his CEX 4.21 Cfw. Roger Cex 4.30 v1 now also comes bundled with multiMAN ver 04.08.01 and Showtime 04.01.208 turning this release into a 1 stop shop. Rogero as always thanks for all the hard work, it is very much appreciated!
This is a 4.30 Triple Pack that contains : Rogero CEX-4.30 v1.00 + multiMAN ver 04.08.01 + Showtime 04.01.208
( Please follow the instructions inside the download package in order to patch the CFW correctly and fix the PS button No-Icons issue )
This CFW was tested on most PS3 Models by different testers and no problems were encountered.
But as any CFW release you must install it with caution and by following proper instructions, No one will be held responsible for any damage caused.
* For details about Updating from CFW3.55/4.21 to CFW4.30 Please read the Update Guide below
* For details about Downgrading back to CFW/OFW3.55 Please read the Downgrade Guide below
* For details about Recovering from a Brick please check this thread
Rogero CEX-4.30 v1.00 Details
- Compatibility problem with some PS3 models is now fully fixed.
- XMB Icons problem from in-game PS button is now fixed. (Using the Patch included in the package: “PS3~dev_blind.zip”)
- PSN/SEN access is available as long as the current “passphrase” still the same.
- Loading games from App_home Icon is now fixed.
- It was tested by hundreds of testers on all PS3 models (FAT & Slim) and no problems were encountered.
- It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.30 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed
- Games can be loaded from Disc Icon (with Original game in BD) and from app_home (Disc-less, but not all games).
- Current 3.55 homebrew applications can’t be loaded on this CFW, applications must be re-signed properly for FW4.21.
1- This CFW doesn’t have LV1 checks disabled and can’t be installed on Downgraded PS3 consoles unless you have Dehashed/Reset Syscon Properly (if you’re not sure about your PS3, Dehash it anyway to avoid any risk) Link —->Dehashing Tutorial
2- Always make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN or memdump before installing any CFW to have a recovery backup in case of any bricks.
Having a valid NOR/Nand dump is an essential step before upgrading, because you will always have a way to recover (using hardware flashers) when you have a valid dump.
** A Hardware Flasher alone without a valid dump may not fix your bricked PS3 **
3- The QA flag must be always Enabled on your PS3 for safer upgrading/downgrading operations. Link —->toggle_qa.pkg
4- Always use the Recovery Menu while installing this CFW to avoid possible bricks (XMB update works, but Recovery Menu is safer).
6- Please Check the MD5 of the downloaded PUP file before installing any CFW to avoid possible bricks.
7- DO NOT HAVE DISC IN PS3 WHEN UPDATING FIRMWARES..As the PS3 will take the UPDATE from the DISC First.
8- You need to already be on 3.55 to install this. Installing from any firmware other than 3.55 will simply not work
The only thing i can say about this FW is to be cautious, now whilst i have loads of faith in Rogero, i do not have any in Sony, both 4.25 and 4.30 OFW’s were riddled with problems, so just be that little bit extra careful.Tweet this!