While you may have already chalked up to Rogero, you can prepare to do it all again. Rogero has released a 4.30 custom firmware for CEX (Retail) consoles, which is also the latest available official firmware from Sony. If you’ve been hanging back on a 3.55/4.25 custom firmware, this may be the time to update now. Here are the release notes for the CFW:
- Compatibility problem with some PS3 models is now fully fixed.
- XMB Icons problem from in-game PS button is now fixed. (Using the Patch included in the package: “PS3~dev_blind.zip”)
- PSN/SEN access is available as long as the current “passphrase” still the same.
- Loading games from App_home Icon is now fixed.
- It was tested by hundreds of testers on all PS3 models (FAT & Slim) and no problems were encountered.
- It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.30 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed
- Games can be loaded from Disc Icon (with Original game in BD) and from app_home (Disc-less, but not all games).
- Current 3.55 homebrew applications can’t be loaded on this CFW, applications must be re-signed properly for FW4.21/4.30
As with installing any custom firmware, there are also warnings:
1- This CFW doesn’t have LV1 checks disabled and can’t be installed on Downgraded PS3 consoles unless you have Dehashed/Reset Syscon Properly (if you’re not sure about your PS3, Dehash it anyway to avoid any risk) Link —-> Dehashing Tutorial
2- Always make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN or memdump before installing any CFW to have a recovery backup in case of any bricks.
Having a valid NOR/Nand dump is an essential step before upgrading, because you will always have a way to recover (using hardware flashers) when you have a valid dump.
** A Hardware Flasher alone without a valid dump may not fix your bricked PS3 **
3- The QA flag must be always Enabled on your PS3 for safer upgrading/downgrading operations. Link —-> toggle_qa.pkg
4- Always use the Recovery Menu while installing this CFW to avoid possible bricks (XMB update works, but Recovery Menu is safer).
5- Please Check the MD5 of the downloaded PUP file before installing any CFW to avoid possible bricks.
6- DO NOT HAVE DISC IN PS3 WHEN UPDATING FIRMWARES..As the PS3 will take the UPDATE from the DISC First.
7- You need to already be on 3.55 to install this. Installing from any firmware other than 3.55 will simply not work. (In regards to consoles on OFW)
You can find everything that you’ll need to update below.
Source: Tortuga CoveTweet this!