There’s no Easter break for Rogero this week as he has been busy with the recent release of his CFW 4.40. Now come his release of the updated Downgrader PUP that will downgrade any CFW to 3.55 FW. Yes this PUP will downgrade ANY CFW version you may have. The PUP can be installed from the XMB system update. It’s suggested that you also disable any spoofers you may have before using this. For all the details checkout the changelog below. NOTE: THIS WILL NOT DOWNGRADE Official Firmware (OFW).
- This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over any CFW version ( 3.55 –> 9.99 )
- RSOD screen bypass patch for RSOD machines (it won’t fix the RSOD but allows the PS3 to boot fine into XMB)
- It does have all the features from Rogero CEX-3.55 v3.7
Downgrading back to CFW3.55 from any CFW version ( 3.55 –> 9.99 ) is always possible using the following steps:
- Download the Rogero Downgrader PUP from the links posted above.
- Rename the downloaded file to “PS3UPDAT.PUP” and put it on your USB in: “USBPS3UPDATEPS3UPDAT.PUP”
- While on any CFW version, go to System Update from XMB and install the Downgrader PUP.
- After the Downgrader PUP installs you’ll be back on CFW3.55 (but the syscon version will still have 9.99 in it)
- In case you didn’t have it Set Before, Enable QA flag by following these steps:
- Download the Rebug QA_Toggle package from here —> toggle_qa.pkg
- Put the “toggle_qa.pkg” on USB and Install it on the PS3.
- Run the “Rebug Toggle QA” from XMB, the screen will go Black and you will see HDD Led activity then if all went fine you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
- If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to “Network Settings” then apply the following key combo (all at the same time):
L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down
You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.
- Now put “Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7” on your USB in: “USBPS3UPDATEPS3UPDAT.PUP” —> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
- Start the PS3 and install “Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7” using the System Update from XMB.
- Once you’re back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 you can now install any CFW you want using the System Update from XMB ( or Recovery Menu if XMB Update didn’t work ).
Size: 183 MB (192,364,467 bytes)