Time for trusted scene developer Rogero to move in. Rogero today has released his version of the much anticipated CFW 4.40. After MiralaTijera released his version, Rogero stepped onto the bandwagon and released his version for use. In order to use multiMAN though, you will need to upgrade to 4.30.00. This CFW can be updated from 3.55 OFW or from any CFW 3.54/4.21/4.30/4.40. Some of the features of this CFW are Cinavia disables, QA Flag enable, RSOD bypass patch for RSOD machines, HDD can be swapped and changed, plus much much more. Check out the changelog below.
About: Rogero 4.40 v1.02
This CFW was tested on most PS3 Models by different testers and no problems were encountered.
But as any CFW release you must install it with caution and by following proper instructions, No one will be held responsible for any damage caused.
- v1.00 (initial build)
- v1.01 (private beta build)
- This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over OFW3.55 or any CFW ver: 3.55/4.21/4.30/4.40
- Added the Cinavia Patched Video Player to disable the Cinavia Protection on HDD based content.
- Added the needed patches for the Original “*Install Package Files” Credits to Szalay and “hidden Man”.
- HDD can be swapped/changed and the CFW will re-install without any problem.
- Patched LV1 to disable LV2 Protection.
- Patched LV1 to add peek/poke support.
- Patched LV1 Core OS Hash Check (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
- Patched LV2 to add peek/poke support.
- QA Flag enabled by default to allow for easier downgrading using Recovery Menu.
- RSOD screen bypass patch for RSOD machines (it won’t fix the RSOD but allows the PS3 to boot fine into XMB)
- PSN/SEN access is available as long as the current “passphrase” still the same but it’s not recommended.
- It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.40 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed.
- The CFW can be used directly for Downgrading with Hardware flashers using the new tool “PS3 Nor and Nand
- Auto Patcher v0.04″.
1.) This CFW does have LV1 checks disabled and can be installed on Downgraded PS3 consoles even if not dehashed after downgrade. Just in case anyone still need to dehash, here’s the link Link —-> Dehashing Tutorial
2.) Always make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN before installing any CFW to have a recovery backup in case of any bricks.
Having a valid NOR/Nand dump is an essential step before upgrading, because you will always have a chance to recover when you have a valid dump.
** A Hardware Flasher alone without a valid dump may not fix your bricked PS3 **
3.) Please Check the MD5 of the downloaded PUP file before installing any CFW to avoid possible bricks.
4.) DO NOT HAVE DISC IN PS3 WHEN UPDATING FIRMWARES..As the PS3 will take the UPDATE from the DISC First.
5.) You need to be already on a 3.55OFW or 3.55/4.21/4.30/4.40 CFW to install this. Installing from any OFW > 3.55 won’t work. (Hardware Flasher needed)
Rogero CFW 4.40 v1.02
Size: 193 MB (202,921,747 bytes)
Source: Rogero via Tortuga-Cove