Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) have announced Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition which is coming to the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC this Summer.
The game is developed by Sidhe and the sequel comes including myriad new features, improvements and fresh content including the addition of the highly anticipated British and Irish Lions 2013 Tour of Australia.
The main features include:
- Play in Single Match Mode, multi-team Competition Mode, a vastly expanded multi-year Career Mode, Tutorial Mode, or compete in online multiplayer with support up to 4v4 via PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE®, or Steam
- Refined and expanded gameplay with the addition of quick taps, quick lineouts, mauls from lineouts, interceptions, contesting ball at the breakdown, removing players from the ruck, number 8 scrum pickups, and dynamic in game team strategies on both attack and defence
- 110+ teams and 50+ stadia from around the world featured including official team, competition, and special match licenses for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Bledisloe Cup, British and Irish Lions 2013 Tour of Australia, Barbarians FC, Combined Country, Super Rugby teams, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, Pro D2, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield
- More options to create or customise players, teams, and competitions, and change game rules and behaviour to shape the game to play how you want and keep the game fresh year after year
- Revamped sound and commentary systems, with real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Black turned commentator Justin Marshall, and French language commentary from Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard
Sebastian Giompaolo, Managing Director for HES stated:
“We have been very excited to build on the huge success of the original Rugby Challenge. Brand new features, expanded and refined gameplay, more options, and additional licenses such as the British and Irish Lions bring this game franchise to a whole new level. This is the definitive rugby union videogame experience”
Tyrone McAuley, Technical Director for Sidhe and project vision holder added:
“It has been a wonderful opportunity to build on the foundation we established with the original game to create a deeper, more engaging, and higher quality experience. Tighter controls, smoother animation, and smarter AI improve the title moment to moment, while additions such as significant new Northern Hemisphere content create a more global and well rounded game”
Let us know your thoughts via the comment section below.