Next Wednesday, which is the 20th of February, Sony are holding a conference, many believe that this is when they will reveal the PS4, but will it also be the same time they reveal a new PS Vita model ?
According to GamerExchange, there is a new model in the works, here is a quote:
With the one year anniversary of the PlayStation Vita fast approaching in North America, sources (who have requested that we keep anonymous) have hinted at the possibility of an upgraded model coming sooner than most may have expected.
Although the credibility of this report comes into question by myself and my colleagues, these are the details nonetheless:
- A new 4G LTE model of the PlayStation Vita will be replacing the 3G model sometime this year. According to the source, this will be the so-called “price drop” that has been rumored for the Vita as the new model will retain the $299 price point for an upgraded system.
- The Wi-Fi version will still be available on the market for $249
- To go along with the 4G model, a significant firmware update will go live bringing in a lot of requested features including new ways to organize apps in folders.
- The new model may be unveiled along with the rumored PS4 this month at PlayStation’s February 20th event or at E3, but will not hit the market until later in the year.
- A price cut on memory cards will be made. No details on prices.
PatentBolt posted an image of a new patent, in which it shows the PS Vita with a HDMI slot:
Both items of news