Without a doubt, the PS4 is being worked on and we are going to have rumours until the console is showcased at a future E3 event, here is a list of some of those rumours:
Now we have a new website, claiming to have “exclusive” details on the PS4, here is a quote from the website:
In exclusive we have the detailed first specs (not final) for PS4, most likely first alpha kits sent to developers:
- 4 core (2 core pairs) 3.2 GHz AMD x86 (Steamroller)
- aggregate, 10x PS3 PPU performance
- 512 KByte L2 per core pair
- 64 bit pointers
- AMD R10x series GPU @ 800 MHz (Tahiti)
- aggregate 10x RSX performance, 1.84 TFlops
- cheap branching
- 18 compute units, focus on fine grained compute & tessellation
- 2 GByte UMA, pushing for 4 GByte
- 192 GByte/ sec non-coherent access for e.g. GPU
- 12 GByte/ sec coherent access for CPU
- >50% longer memory latency for CPU/ GPU compared to PC!!!
- DXT is lowest bpp texture compression format
- 50 GByte BD drive
- PCAV, between 3.3 and 8x BD, most likely clamped to 6x
- automatic background caching to HDD
- HDD SKU with at least 380 GByte
- downloadable games
- video encoder/ decoder
- audio processing unit, ~200 concurrent MP3 streams
- HW zlib decompressor
Our source claims that the final specs should be 10x powerful than PS3, due to this info has got 10 months.
Now as i stated this is a rumour, but the specs do come close to what Kotaku posted a couple of months ago(Check second and third links above).
What are your opinions, is there a possibility that this rumour bares some facts, the site does have information on Wii Dev Kits so perhaps they are legit.Tweet this!