PS3 developer Andreas Öman has released the official stable build of Showtime. Version 4.0 brings us a new graphic user interface, which we noted in the test builds reported here. Also added, something I have always wanted, is an on screen keyboard and auto update feature.
The button layout has also been configured differently. So check out the usage guide linked below. You will also notice a new icon, congrats to MikeS, the winner of the Showtime icon contest.
- New UI design
- Self upgrade of both Showtime itself (only on PS3) and all plugins (all platforms)
- Automatically load metadata from themoviedb.org
- Improved support for subtitles (in particular external ASS/SSA files and vobsub files)
- Support for on screen keyboard on PS3
- Buttons on PS3 dual shock controller have changed their meaning a bit: See PS3 usage guide for details
- Each focusable item have a dedicated popup menu (Use □ button on dual shock controller for this)
- File browsing will sort folders first and then files. Sorting can be adjusted in the per page menu (△ on dual shock controller)
- Lots of bug fixes
- … + more stuff I’ve forgotten