PS3HaX developer aldostools has posted a tutorial on how to create a PKG that installs edats, here is a quote from his thread:
In response to an unanswered old question:
Is anyone familiar on how to make a pkg that will install an edat to dev_hdd0/home/00000xx/edata?
Here are the steps to create a PKG to install edats (I couldn’t find a tutorial for it, so I made this):
0. Get the make_package_npdrm.exe available in the SDK (eg. SDK 3.41) and copy it to a folder. eg. C:NPDRM
1. Create a new folder in that folder and name it with the title id of your game (eg. NPXX00999)
2. Copy to that folder the edat and the PS3LOGO.DAT file. eg:
3. Create a new text file, paste the following text, and save it as make_edat_pkg.bat in the same folder where you copied the make_package_npdrm.exe
Code:echo ContentID = XX0999-NPXX00999_00-PURCHASEDLICENSE>package.conf echo Klicensee = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000>>package.conf echo DRMType = Local>>package.conf echo ContentType = License>>package.conf echo PackageVersion = 01.00>>package.conf make_package_npdrm.exe package.conf NPXX00999 pause
4. Before you save the file, make sure that the ContentID matches the with the file name of the .edat file and the folder name near the make_package_npdrm.exe is correct.
5. Run the batch file: make_edat_pkg.bat