Rolling right along with the PS3 updates, Subjunk has got one for his own media streaming app – Universal Media Server. It’s quite the update too. If you’re using this, then take a look.
Universal Media Server for the PS3 is Subjunk’s fork of the already existing PS3 Media Server. He decided to take on this project after leaving the PS3MS team. He’s been cranking out updates for UMS ever since. With the Universal Media Server v1.20 update released this week, he has been packing on the features, changes and bugfixes.
- Create thumbnails from 2 seconds into the video by default
- Fixed silent installation
- Updated MPlayer and MEncoder for Windows to SB35, which:
- Supports more colours in ASS/SSA subtitles
- Fixes memory leaks
- Starts faster
- Improves fonts
- Improves caching
- Improves multithreading stability
- Updated MPlayer and MEncoder for OSX to SB32
- Lots of code optimisations
- Made program restarts more reliable
- Fixed AviSynth ConvertFPS option
- Improved AviSynth frame-serving stability
- Added support for DirecTV HR series (thanks, DeFlanko!)
- Added workaround for 2.0 384 kbits AC3 PS3 audio bug (PMS issue #230 & #1414)
- Improved support for Panasonic TVs
- Only offer to run AviSynth installer if it isn’t already installed
What a lengthy changelog indeed. You can grab the latest version of Universal Media Server for your PS3 below.
Download: Universal Media Server v1.20
Source: UMSTweet this!