UniversalMediaServer or otherwise known as UMS has received an update by Lead Developer Subjunk upgrading the app to version 2.6.4. This update contains Improvements to file compatibility on all renderers. All language flags have been updated. Also they have made file list population faster with this new update. On UMS website they have a great comparison versus other popular media servers (link). Subjunk also says the next release will be of version 3.0 pack with new features.
This release improves file compatibility on all renderers, makes file list population faster, updates all language flags and more!
This is probably our last 2.x release since we have been working hard on 3.0 which is packed with new features. We will release an alpha or beta version for testing soon.
Changes since 2.6.3:
- Made the menu icon on OS X grayscale to fit with most other programs (thanks, Kefran!)
- Made file list population faster
- Added option to ignore certain renderer configurations
- Improved file compatibility on all renderers
- Improved file compatibility on Sony Bravia TVs
- Improved file compatibility on Samsung TVs
- Updated English settings
- Updated all language flags
- Corrected Slovak language flag
- Added language flags for Icelandic, Lithuanian and Slovenian
For versions prior to 1.5.0:
It is recommended to delete your UMS.conf file prior to installing this version. Windows users can choose the “clean install” option while installing instead.
For all versions:
It is recommended (but usually not necessary) to delete your UMS.conf file prior to installing this version. Windows users can choose the “clean install” option while installing instead.